Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chiropractic and Qi Gong for Dogs

+19 Days PO (post operation)
Today was a good day! It started out on a queen size memory foam bed.  I slept in until 11:00am.  That's when I heard the sound of fresh made ground turkey, chard and veggie-vitamin mix hit the food bowl.
My Mom and I then proceeded to our first appointment for the day, the chiropractor.
I had never been to one before.  Guess it can't hurt right?

We arrived at the chiropractic office.  The good doctor introduced himself with one extended hand while keeping one behind his back holding an odd looking metal device.  He came down to my level to evaluate my spine.  He then held his metal clicker somewhere close to my shoulder blades.  "CLICK!" "POP!" and then again to my neck behind the ear, "CLICK, CLICK, CLICK!"  I was so freaked out by this experience I tried to run out of the room, the door was closed.  I whipped around the room quickly to try to avoid another click!  He said my T7- spleen vertebra and my atlas were out.  The doctor was great but I'm not sure I want to do that again...

On our way to the next appointment we stumbled into the tea shop across the street where we accidentally struck up a conversation with an energy intuitive lady.  Without telling her everything we'd been through in the last couple weeks, she chose to share with us some insight, "If the spleen is strong, cancer cannot grow.  If there is no spleen, keep the energy life force strong where the spleen once was."  Okay....  interesting...  Funny how our next appointment was a Qi Gong lesson.

We headed over to a place called Ancient Arts Holistic Services.  The owner Darla is very nice.  She has  dog toys and real meat dog treats too! Darla spent the hour teaching my Mom breath techniques for developing her Qi Gong practice.  Once my Mom figures out how to gather the Qi and move the Qi, she can give some to me and help balance the energy in my body.  That seems to be the plan at least,  give me Qi where I'm missing my spleen and I'll be all good.  I spent most of the hour lying next to Darla on the floor near her feet. There is something I like about her.  I can't quite put my paw on it yet.  We went home with our Qi homework and made an appointment for the following week to learn massage techniques to assist my affected meridians do to my cancer and spleen removal.

I'm still not sure what to think of all these new approaches to staying healthy and strong, but I will tell you that earlier this evening I had so much energy!  I felt like a puppy again, bouncing around, mouthing Moms's arm as I tried to heel while she tried to walk.  I haven't tried that in years! I use to get in trouble for it, but not anymore ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment