After following my mom to kettlebell class today, we went back to Ancient Arts Veterinary to explore what acupuncture would be like. Acupuncture is just one of the 5 modalities offered under Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) which has been around for thousands of years. A few of the methods TCM has to offer includes herbal remedies, Tui Na massage, Acupressure and Acupuncture.
The herbal remedy blend I received today is known as Wei Qi boost and Escape Stagnation. I am to take 1/2 tps 2x daily.
We learned a little bit about Acupressure today. It has been know to assist in pain relief, and immune system support. Anyone can do it. It is not a replacement for health care, but considered complimentary.
I received Acupuncture for my first time today. Dr. Darla was able to stick around 10-12 needles in me before I got so squirrely no one could hold on to me. The needles stayed in for about 20 minutes during which I went through a series of moods. I went from squirrely to calm, to nervous, to calm and then sleepy. When it was over, I didn't make it easy for the humans to remove the needles from my back.
The rest of the day I had times of excitement with lots of energy, like when I got to work and saw all my favorite people, and then when it was time to be quiet I found myself able to be more at ease and be peaceful, more then I usually am.
After I got home my mom tried some of her new Tui Na massage techniques on me. It takes me only seconds before I knock out and begin to snore out loud. Today was a good day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment