Tuesday, May 1, 2012

IVC #4 & CELEBRATING 5 MONTHS STRONG!

Hi Everyone!  I just made it to 5 months post operation! Yay Me!

Last Friday was a busy day for me.  I had my 4th IVC treatment, an auto sanguis injection and a Qi gong healing.   I had so much energy leaving the doctors office.  At first I felt great but then started to feel tired later on that evening.  The next morning I did not feel well.  I slept all day, my gums were light in pigment and I had very little appetite.

My mom was concerned I may have been experiencing a bleed out from a newly developed tumor.  (We don't actually know if I have any tumors at this point but in some cases, a dog might develop them on the liver this long after a diagnosis.)

My mom has chosen, instead of running hundreds of dollars in tests to find out my cancer status, she just puts her money towards more holistic treatments and whole foods to make me feel healthy and strong.  Knowing my cancer status would not change our treatment plan much, if at all.

By Monday my energy was back, my appetite was normal and I felt so much better.

We really have no idea why I felt this way over the weekend.  It could be an indication the cancer has returned, or maybe my body kicked on it's serious healing mode (I'd like to think so), or maybe I just did too many treatments in one day.  So many factors go into my health.  It's really hard to know exactly what went on.  I have already surpassed my life expectancy for a dog diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma and I am grateful to be here today.

I am scheduled to have another IVC treatment this next Friday.  We will see if the doctor wants to make any changes to my care plan at that time.   As It stands, we are now only doing IVC one time a week.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment